Winemaker Frédéric Brouca’s philosophy of natural, organic, and biodynamic viticulture shines through this wine – it’s a robust wine, fresh and full of life.
Dark cherry, plum, and blackberries. Leather, black pepper, some anise, rounded off with a touch of oak and baking spices. The wine is high acid – Fred maintains this by picking the grapes a little earlier, smooth and present tannins, long lovely fruity finish.
Fermented with natural yeasts provides the wine with a touch of earthiness connecting you Faugères, where Fred’s 30+ year old vines are located.
It’s a beautiful, well crafted wine that leaves you recalling why you just love Languedoc Roussillon. Bravo.
Also, contact me for a list of bars and restaurants that offer Champs-Pentus! ️♂️
- Sweetness: X-dry
- Varietal: Grenache, Syrah, Carignan
- Alcohol: 13%
- Region: Faugères AOC, France
- Producer: Domaine Frédéric Brouca
- Purchased at: Bar Lupulus
- Imported by: Les Vins Dame-Jeanne in QC & Nicholas Pearce Wines in ON